1. Do you like bleu cheese?
2. Have you ever smoked?
3. Do you own a gun?
4. What flavor Kool Aid was your favorite?
5. What job would you like to do other than your own?
I would love to review TV shows, movies, and books.
6. What do you think of hot dogs?
I totally know what’s in them, but I have to say, sometimes it’s what I want. I convinced myself that if I buy the Hebrew National ones, I get fewer of the “ingredients” than are in other hotdogs. You know, if it’s Kosher and all...
7. Favorite Christmas movie?
A Christmas Story. I’ll personally put your eye out if you diss this movie, no need for an Official Red Ryder Carbine-Action Two-Hundred-Shot Range Model Air Rifle.
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning?
Cold Dr. Pepper, or sweet iced tea.
9. Can you do push ups?
Okay, I had to try it just now. I did about 10 “girl” push-ups and then switched to regular push-ups. I got through three before I decided that the answer is yes.
10. What’s your favorite piece of jewelry?
I have two favorite pieces of jewelry. When my sister was really little she wanted to give me a Christmas present, so she got me a little golden butterfly necklace from a gumball machine. Because it meant so much to her, it was important to me. I’ve had it for about 20 years and I still keep it in my jewelry box. My other favorite piece of jewelry is another necklace. This one was made by my sister and my nieces for my Christmas present in 2007. It says “Hot Mel”. The reason it says “Hot Mel” is that when Alex was just learning to talk she misunderstood when people referred to me as her “Aunt Mel” and thought they were saying “Hot Mel”. I was Hot Mel for a long time until I was giving her a bath one night and she looked up at me with a puzzled expression on her face and said, “Hot Mel? Are you my Aunt Mel?” After that I was Aunt Mel. In my heart I’ll always be Hot Mel, though.
11. Favorite hobby?
Is sarcasm a hobby? Okay, fine, collaging.
12. Do you have A. D. D.?
Nope. I have other things with initials though.
13. Do you wear glasses/contacts?
Glasses for computer work only.
14. Middle name?
Joyce (named after my mom, my grandmother, and my great-grandmother)
15. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment:
- Simon Cowell is going to have himself frozen when he dies?
- My back itches and I need my back lotion application thingy.
- What the heck was that noise?
16. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink.
Water, tea, and Dr. Pepper
17. Current worry?
Did you see Oprah today? That.
18. Current hate right now?
Batteries that run out of steam way too fast.
19. Favorite place to be?
20. How did you ring in the new year?
At home. I don’t “do” New Year’s Eve.
21. Name three people who will complete this:
Snap, Crackle and Pop? I don't know.
22. Do you own slippers?
Yes: some for right after I get out of the shower, some for after I put on my socks, but before I put on my shoes since the first ones are wet, and, of course, I have my fuzzy booties.
23. What color shirt are you wearing?
24. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets?
I’ve never slept on satin sheets.
25. Can you whistle?
Yes, but my great-grandfather always told me when he’d hear me whistling:
“Whistling girls and crowing hens always come to some bad ends.”
26. Where are you now?
On my sofa in my livingroom.
27. Would you be a pirate?
Hmmm…would I be a pirate? Only if I could serve as the cabin girl of Captain Hook (as played by Jason Isaacs). I mean, what? No! Of course not!
28. What songs do you sing in the shower?
Whatever is stuck in my head at the moment.
29. Favorite girl’s Name?
Don’t have one.
30. Favorite boy’s name?
Don’t have one.
31. What is in your pocket right now?
32. Last thing that made you laugh?
33. What vehicle do you drive?
White 2004 Hyundai Santa Fe.
34. Worst injury you’ve ever had?
Ever? Either my sprained ankle/torn ligaments or breaking my thumb on my right (and also writing) hand.
35. Do you love where you live?
I love my house. Charlotte? take or leave.
36. How many TVs do you have in your house?
I’m ashamed to say. Okay, 4. But, in my defense, one randomly cuts itself off for hours at a time and one I loaned to my mom about 5 years ago and she just returned.