- Hot Cocoa Hershey's Kisses - SERIOUSLY! BUY SOME BEFORE THEY'RE GONE! I THINK THEY'RE SEASONAL!!
- Entertainment Weekly - I've been a subscriber since the very beginning. I trust their reviews more than any other publication.
- High thread count sheets - ooooh, so soft! They're just loverly!
- Romeo and Juliet - no, not the Shakespeare play. I actually kind of don't like that play at all. I'm talking about that song by Taylor Swift. I don't EVEN know! I can't EVEN explain. I just love to sing it. Really loud. It's my jam right now. If you can call a Taylor Swift song a "jam".
- Fuzzy booties - yeah, they're completely and totally the opposite of sexy, but they keep my feet warm so I don't even care what they look like. Love me, love my booties.
- How I Met Your Mother - It's the Friends of the 2000's, the naughts, or whatever we're calling this decade. I laugh and laugh. It's legen-wait for it-dary! If you don't watch the show, you have no idea what I mean. So watch it.
- The little fan on my desk - because I'm always hot, hot, hot.
- My car Lola - I don't treat her as well as I should. She's messy inside and out. I go too long between oil changes. I gun her engine. I press those imaginary bomb and missle launchers really, really hard. And she's still good to me despite it all.
- Facebook - gah! I lose so much time there. So much time. Time I can't get back. But I can't resist. People I haven't seen since the day I graduated high school send me messages; old boyfriends tell me what books they're reading; and I have 3 freakin' Facebook pets! What the...? Anybody want to friend me? Let me know. (shut up, Diane!)
- The new GQ magazine - yeah, I'll let you figure out why (and it's not that Jennifer Aniston is on the front!).
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
A Few of My Favorite Things - Redux
Okay - I was accused of being the subject of a Carly Simon song by naming mostly things found in the beauty aisles of the drug store in my previous Favorite Things list. Because preventing a runny, boogy nose, peely skin, and bad breath would surely classify one as VAIN! DIANE!! (Yeah, that's right, I'm calling you out!) Bowing to that pressure, I thought I'd make another list that doesn't contain make-up and lotiony-type things.