In the spirit of Maria from The Sound of Music and Oprah from, well, Oprah, here is a list of my favorite things. Do you know what one of my favorite things is? Lists! Unfortunately, my list isn’t in rhyme with a catchy tune attached, and I don’t have one of everything for each person that reads the list, but please to enjoy anyway.
- Hot Cocoa Hershey’s Kisses – if you haven’t tried them, get thee to a store. Melt in your mouth goodness.
- Cover Girl Lash Blast – get out of the green and pink mascara rut and try orange. This stuff is excellent. Not too heavy, not too thick. Goes on easy and looks perfect.
- Bath & Body Works True Blue Spa Mega Butter Super Softening Body Butter – I have skin like the most arid desert on earth. This stuff makes my skin feel like a baby’s bottom. Even my chapped skin was better within hours of using this stuff the first time.
- Revlon Cuticle Trimmer – a great little manicure tool for people who have cuticles that grow way too fast. Trims cuticles without cutting.
- Puffs Plus – nothing beats these tissues in cold and flu season when your nose is all raw from wiping and blowing it.
- Crest Pro-Health toothpaste – I’m the last person on earth that was still using Close Up toothpaste. I liked it because it was very fresh tasting. Nothing else left my mouth feeling as clean. Crest Pro-Health has all the things Crest toothpastes always have, plus a good, lasting fresh taste too. No more Close Up.
- Sally Hanson Just Feet line - if you do your own pedicures, these products are excellent. My favorite is the Spa Sugar Scrub.
- Aveeno Intense Relief Hand Cream – again with the skin, but my hands are like the driest spot in the most arid desert on earth. This hand cream works very well for me. I still have to use it once every three hours or so, which is more than the 24 hours that the container suggests, but I would have to use other lotions or creams every hour, so in my book this is really great!
- Merle Norman Tinted Moisturizer – I despise foundation. DESPISE IT! I’ve never found any that work for me. I like the idea of a tinted moisturizer because a) there's the dry skin issue again, so extra moisturizer is fine for me and b) it doesn’t add color to my face, just a slight, smooth tint. Merle Norman’s Tinted Moisturizer is expensive, but it lasts a long, long time and it goes on flawlessly.
- Tweezerman Slant Tweezers – There are no better tweezers out there. You can get less inexpensive ones, but none – NONE – will do the job like Tweezerman Tweezers, and they sharpen your tweezers for you if you send them back in.
That's it. A few of my favorite things!