Monday, April 27, 2009

Painting and Stuff

So, what did you do this weekend? I hung out with my beautiful nieces. We painted pictures, we listened to Kidz Choice on Music Choice, with an emphasis on The Jonas Brothers, Miley Cyrus, and Mitchie from "Camp Rock" (aka Demi Lovato). And, we tripped over my shoes the whole weekend. It started like this:

Alex - Do you have any slippers, Aunt Melanie?

Me - Yes honey. See there is a blue pair right there, and over by the bathroom there is a white pair.

Alex (opening my closet door and seeing all of my shoes organized in their cubbies) - Brianna! Here are her slippers!

Within minutes, any shoe I own that has any kind of heel on it was down on the floor and being tried on. So apparently my heeled shoes are "slippers" like I'm Cinderella or something!

Did I mention that Alex cut her own hair a couple of weeks ago? She's been growing out her bangs since last May. Her hair basically had to be glued to her head last year during her dance recital, so growing out her bangs seemed a good alternative to the helmet head. They'd just gotten long enough to reach all the way back to an elastic when she decided she was going to cut them herself. And, cut them, she did. Very short. Between her funny bangs, her snaggle-tooth, and a cut on her nose from where she fell off her bunk bed, she's a right sight. Still beautiful, though. As is Brianna, who was very huggy this weekend. She'd just put her arms up in the air and say, "Aunt Melanie, I need a hug!" Needless to say, I obliged.

Here is a slideshow of our weekend.

7 comments:

Jenners said...

Love that slide show! Seems like a creative good time was had by all!

And I remember always playing with my grandmothers shoes when I visited her ... and her belts for some reason. There is just something magical about trying on grown-ups shoes when you are a kid! They are so lucky to have such a great aunt!

Diane said...

Cool pics... glad you had a good weekend with the munchkins :)

Zuzana said...

Girls at any age love high heels!;)) My niece is only 4 but she is totally into make-up as well.
I envy you that your nieces are so close.;) And cute they are too.;))

everydaysies said...

I miss my babies! How did Mr. Nick take to the intruders? (& vice-versa)

Anonymous said...

Just checkin' in! Hope stuffs good!! :)

Joyful said...

I miss you! Hope everything is good!

SSQuo said...

This is my first time here, love the title of your blog! :)

Your nieces are adorable, quite the painters I see.

And oh, I was on Colonial Williamsburg this weekend burning my skin off! Gosh was it hot or what??