Hello? Hello? Anybody still out there?
I'm back, finally.
These are the things that happened while I was gone:
1. I had to move to a new office at work. This new office came equipped with its own nutso. But, that's another post for another time.
2. My niece Alex rode her bike for the first time, all by herself.
3. She also lost her first tooth. She asked her parents to write a note to the tooth fairy asking that her tooth be left. I was on the phone with her mom the next night as Alex was being tucked into bed. Her mom found the tooth under her pillow again that night. Seems Alex saw losing her tooth as a business venture and intended on leaving the tooth under her pillow every night so she'd get a dollar the next morning. As my friend Kelly told me, "She's got to have money to get herself cheeseburgers!"
4. My new cat Nick and I are getting along just lovely. He's the sweetest little guy and it's been a real blessing to have him though everything that's been going on the last month or so. Seems we met at just the right time. Now, if he'd just stop knocking everything off of every flat surface in my house and stop eating my plants, we'd be cooking with gas!
5. We had the dedication for the playground built in my cousin's honor. I'll do another post about that too, but it was a special day.
6. My tv boyfriend was on the Bonnie Hunt show the day after I started my break from blogging due to my personal stuff. He was adorable, but one of the Real Housewives of New York was trying to pick him up and I was just thinking: back off, be-yotch! Keep your gnarly hands off of him! (btw - I've never seen the Real Housewives of New York, so she may be perfectly pleasant, but just .... no!)
7. Now for a PSA: If you have someone in your life that's suffering from depression and won't do anything to help themselves, please help them get the help they need. They might not appreciate it at the time (and might even scream and yell at you and say they never want to talk to you again), but once they begin to get well, they will thank you.