I’ve got blogger’s block and I don’t know what to write. Blogger’s block sounds kind of gross.
I saw these odd signs on the way to work today all the way up Independence Blvd. It said “Vote for Tom”. The sign was white with red writing. There’s something else written underneath, but going 50 mph (that’s right, only 5 miles over the speed limit, Occifer), all I could read was “Vote for Tom”. I’m thinking they can’t be serious. Do you think there’s only one Tom on the ballot so it will be easy to tell which Tom the signs mean? Maybe it’s a joke. Who knows?
I Googled “Vote for Tom”, I added “signs”, then I added “Charlotte”, but nothing came up. Well, LOTS of things came up, but none that make sense for the sign. So, I’m making up my own Vote for Tom’s:
- Vote for Tom Wolfe – because he wrote The Right Stuff and I love all things astronauty.
- Vote for Tom Brokaw – because he was the best-looking of the former big 3 newscasters.
- Vote for Tom Tom Club – because Genius of Love is a great song.
- Vote for Tom Hanks – because Run, Forest, Run.
- Vote for Tom Petty – because he’s freakin’ Tom Petty.
- Vote for Tom M – because he knows why.
- Vote for Tom Jones – because “What’s new pussycat?”
- Vote for Tom Welling – because he’s Superman (on tv anyway).
- Vote for Tom Perotta – because I like his books and the movies made from them.
- Vote for Tom (Thor) – because he’s cute and Irish.
- Vote for Tom (and Jerry) – because who doesn’t like cartoons?
- Vote for Tom Cruise – because he needs to go back up in that spaceship of his so we can be rid of his special brand of crazy.