Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Crap - another tag

Okay, I've been tagged to post my 4th picture from my 4th photo folder and tell about it. As it turns out, my 4th folder was EMPTY until this morning when I saved some pictures from an online photo album, so now it has pictures in it and it sucks that the 4th one happens to contain me.

So, this is my best friend Diane and me with her cousin David's little girl Georgia. It was taken in David's restaurant Galloways in Woburn, Bedfordshire, England. I don't care what they say about English food. I never ate so well as I did on that trip. At Galloways especially. Georgia called me Auntie Squeaky Mouse because the times I don't snort when I laugh, I sound wheezy which to her sounds like a mouse squeaking.

I haven't gone back partly because I have no money, and partly because it's a possibility that I won't be allowed back in the country as I cut a swath of destruction across the countryside that ranged from almost knocking down a a sit-pretty/knick-knack shelf containing lots of breakable items and spilling soda on the new carpet at Diane's cousin Graeme's house in Salisbury, to killing Sammy the Spider (Georgia's pet) and spraining my ankle/tearing tendons at David's house. Diane's never invited me back anyway because she's the one that ended up dragging my person-sized suitcase around for me while I was an invalid.

5 comments:

Diane said...

Ha! I'd forgotten about some of that destruction! Well, if you come back with me, we'd stay at Todd's and his place always looks like a tornado ripped through anyway. Oh man, I really hope he doesn't link to your blog...

Melanie Gillispie said...

And let's not forget Carol throwing my underwear over the balcony saying, "Someone left their knickers!" But, just to remind you of your own unique destructions - the bathroom and lounge at the Martyn Joseph concert and "I didn't know Aunt Diane took walks this early!"

Diane said...

Oh, that really wasn't nice. You're really not nice.

Zuzana said...

Mel, you just crack me up. I would love to be around you and Diane, when you guys get together, I am sure I wouldn't stop laughing!

Diane said...

Award... you... my place... get it.