Thursday, February 5, 2009

All This and World Peace Too

It's Writer's Workshop. Go to Mama's Losin' It to find out all about it.

10 Things On My Mind This Week:
  1. My brother-in-law singing Rhianna’s song “Disturbia” for random things: Feeling a little crowded? “Claustrophobia”. The food of the Gods? “Ambrosia”. Got an STD? “Chlamydia”. A little sad? “Melancholia”. Can’t remember something? “Amnesia”. Your aunt have an old fashioned name? “Eugenia”. Live on the outskirts of town? “Suburbia”. Like nuts? “Macadamia”. A little baked and feeling like watching a Disney movie? “Fantasia”.
  2. Why did the check-out lady at Target feel it necessary to quite loudly point out to the guy who asked her if she had any re-shops that she always has them? While I was still standing there and after I had discovered something in my cart I had meant to put back but forgot?
  3. Where did I put my Form 1098 from my mortgage company? I can’t do my taxes until I find it! I know I probably put it somewhere special so I’d be able to find it right away. I just don’t remember where that special place is. I want my refundddddd!!!!
  4. Baba Ghanoush is very fun to say.
  5. Regular everyday guys should never wear skinny jeans. Never. Never. Never.
  6. Why does that Breathe Right guy sound like he needs to be wearing a Breathe Right strip in his commercials? Either that or he needs one big honking nose blow.
  7. I wonder if the people who write for Cosmo and Glamour just make up crap just to see if women will believe it: Guys think women who dress in black are boring? Really? Wear a blouse that might give you and your date something to talk about at dinner? REALLY?? How exactly did you meet your date? Was he the guy that put the highlights in your hair? Not that there’s anything wrong with that.
  8. Why did it snow at my house and not at my work? For the second time in two weeks.
  9. Loving that Britney video “Circus”. The dancing. The costumes. The lions. The elephant. It’s a great video. I just wish someone had told her that when you do that move where you move the top hat side to side in front of your face that you should keep your head still and only move the hat.
  10. The first 5 minutes of Sunday night’s episode of “The Office”:
    - “Today smoking is going to save lives.”
    - “Stay *bleeping* calm!”
    - Oscar escaping through the ceiling.
    - Angela throwing her secret cat to Oscar in the ceiling.
    - Angela’s secret cat falling back through the ceiling tiles.
    - Oscar falling back through the ceiling tiles.
    - “Leave it woman!”
    - The copier into the door.
    - The overhead projector through the window.
    - “What in the name of God is going on?”
    - Kevin stealing chips from the snack machine.
    - “The fire is shooting at us!”

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Given that I am the exact opposite of skinny, I never felt the least temptation to wear skinny jeans. And i suspect that 90% of either sex should not consider them either.

And the check out lady was just waiting for you! {*grin*}

Chloe said...

(Came from Mama Kat's Workshop) :)

I really hate the Cosmo type magazines and feel really bad for the women/people that really do believe everything it will tell them! They encourage so much to play games in a relationship: Whatever happened to just being honest?!

And The Office was amazing over the weekend. I really loved the conclusion to the Jim/Pam story in that episode... So cute! :)

J Cosmo Newbery said...

I'm with you on Baba Ghanoush.

Zuzana said...

Ha, I so understand this with the snow! Living on the hill above the city, I have been snowed in at home. The small road leading up to the house was not cleared and I could not drive, while at work there was almost no snow at all. It was difficult to explain why I did not show up.;))

Diane said...

But the last 5 minutes of The Office? Oh.My.God... I got all choked up.

Jim: "Well, what did he say? Was it my fault?"
Pam: "Yes."

And then all the mushy stuff. Sigh.

Heather said...

Your brother-in-law sounds funny, like you! :) And I'm glad I'm not the only one that has completely random thoughts.

Musings of the Mrs. said...

That list is HILARIOUS!!!!

As I am said...

I totally agree ... Men and Skinny jeans YUCK!!!

Anonymous said...

We make jeans for women and jeans for men and never the two shall combine. But I see men in low waisted tight fitting girl jeans all the time. Actually they're boy-men that I see. Musicians...whatever. Real people, NO.

Jenners said...

Those first five minutes of The Office were pure genius! I was dying laughing!!! When Angela threw the cat up in the ceiling...too funny! God I love that show!

And yes...regular men (and women really) should never wear skinny jeans. Not ever. No exceptions.

And I'll find your tax form if you can find the scrapbook my mom made!

Angela Tolsma said...

HEY!! I totally agree with your Number 5! Skinnyjeans and men ewwie.
I never really thought about what you wrote for number 7. I probably wont doubt that allot of it is made up for those reasons!
Visiting from Mama Kat's

KatBouska said...

I HATE skinny jeans on boys!! And the whole swooped bangs thing. Yuck.

Did you find your form!?! God stuff like that drive me crazy! Good luck!!