So, here goes...
- Ladybugs – My little niece Brianna dressed up as a ladybug for Halloween when she was 2 years-old. For some reason last Christmas Eve when everyone asked her what she wanted from Santa, she got it confused with being asked what she was going to be for Halloween, and told everyone a ladybug. Luckily MeeMaw had gotten her a little ladybug doll for Christmas. I spent an hour Christmas Eve driving from house to house to make sure that sweet little girl got her ladybug from Santa. Fortunately I ended up getting to see the girls put out the reindeer food because I was there delivering the ladybug, and that was definitely worth driving all over creation.
- Language – That’s part of why we do what we do, we bloggers.
- Lapidary arts – I love making jewelry. Earrings, bracelets, necklaces. Nothing too fancy or intricate. I almost sold all my beads and findings on Ebay a couple of months ago because I haven’t done any jewelry making lately. But, when I took all the stuff to my sister to have her photograph and list it, I missed it all and got it back from her.
- Lasagna – Like Garfield, I love lasagna. As a matter of fact, I might make some tonight for dinner. Pasta-tomato-saucey-gooey-cheesed goodness!
- Lederhosen – Some of the most amusing fashion ever. Shorts with suspenders and embroidery. For men. Need I say more?
- Lemonade – Tart and sweet at the same time. Sometimes no other drink will do!
- Leprechauns – Oh those little green-dressed munchkins. Maybe it’s the Irish in me. Or the gold at the end of the rainbow.
- Limericks –
There once was a girl from Cackalacky
Who everyone said was quite wacky
Her brain had a clog
So she started a blog
Thank goodness she was always real yacky
- Lizard – I have a little gecko that lives outside in the tree on my front porch. He’s so cute. He’s not afraid of me anymore and actually lets me rub his little head.
- Lord Byron – When I was in high school, I totally had a crush on Lord Byron in a picture in my English Literature book.
And, for one to grow on...
At the risk of being socially unacceptable, I'm adding an extra L to my list. Because I can.11. Lochte - As in Ryan Lochte. He's adorable and he swims fast. And Diane refuses to get him for me for Christmas. Meanie! (which is Melanie without an L, by the way, so that kind of fits with the list)
Please to enjoy...
And, you're welcome!