Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Facebook Status

I’m totally at a loss for words, and if you knew me in real life, you’d find that hard to believe. I just can’t think of anything to write. I spent a lot of time this past weekend working on my NaNoWriMo story, so maybe I truly just ran out of words. The story itself is kind of stupid, but there are some bright spots in it that I hope I’ll be able to salvage once I can think about it and edit it. Right now I’m just focused on the 50,000 word goal.

I changed my Facebook status last night to say that I’ve written 39,000 words of NaNoWriMo, but can’t think of a single blog topic. That got me thinking, though. What if I changed my status every time something came up? Like, what if I had a scroll across my chest like at the bottom CNN?

  • Melanie is wondering why I thought it was a good idea to password lock my story last night at 2am when I could barely keep my eyes open and then not write the password down somewhere, because today I am having trouble remembering what it is.
  • Melanie is thinking that something is wrong with my cable since nothing above channel 100 is working at all and the channels below 100 stay on only for 1 minute or so before a blue screen comes up that says “Available for Purchase.” Um? Isn’t paying my bill every month “purchasing”?
  • Melanie fixed her cable by unplugging, then replugging the cable box. I am a whiz at electronics!
  • Melanie thinks whoa! My bed is so comfortable!
  • Melanie doesn’t want to get up yet!
  • Melanie remembers the brown shirt she wants to wear today is still in the dryer.
  • Melanie thinks bills, bills, bills in the mailbox! Oh wait, half of them are State Farm ones for Diane and He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named! Yea! Not mine! Either the bills or He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named.
  • Melanie thinks it’s funny that my 3 year-old niece kept telling me that she was nervous and that she was coloring me a pretty picture with her toes.
  • Melanie also thinks it’s funny that my 5 year-old niece described everything in the Toys R Us toybook that she or her sister circled, which was pretty much everything in the Toys R Us toybook, even “boy toys”, a ping pong table, at least 3 guitars, and “that thing, it’s little and pink”.
  • Melanie thinks: Dude! That guy in the jeep is HOT! Oops, I almost rear-ended the car in front of me!
  • Melanie wishes slow people would get out of the left lane so that I could go around them. And, that they’d get off the stupid phone while they’re driving!!
  • Melanie thinks I’m a better driver than everyone else and can talk on the phone while I’m driving with no problem! Suck it Everyone Else!
  • Melanie wonders why we can’t just all get along.
  • Melanie thinks that the producer of the new Kid Rock song should have done something about that part of the song where he’s totally flat. It makes me cringe every time.
  • Melanie is suddenly Simon Cowell!
  • Melanie would really like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, a bowl of tomato soup, a puddin’ cup and some juice for lunch. I am a 4 year old.
  • Melanie thinks that big truck better move because how am I supposed to get into the parking lot? Oh great! Now the slimy mofo is getting out of the truck. I guess I’ll park on the road.
  • Melanie thinks they are cute pictures and that now I’ll have something else to post to my blog later.

2 comments:

Diane said...

Diane thinks Melanie is a great big dork girl but Diane loves her anyway because Melanie makes Diane laugh... a lot.

Zuzana said...

Mel, you are so funny, you humour is like no other!
By the way, we all seem to be experiencing a blog block (it must be a virus or something), I am running out of things to post as well;)